This gear will be required in order to either complete the course, or stay safe during the course. Make sure you have it all, or you may be subject to a time or course penalty at the race. Check back as the race gets closer in case we had to add anything to the list that we may have previously forgot about.
Mandatory Individual Gear
All racers must have possession of these items at all times, unless otherwise specified.
- Sufficient drinking water
- Sufficient food
- Emergency Blanket (example)
- Sufficient clothing for weather and weather changes.
- Bike (Bike Leg Only)
- Helmet (Bike Leg Only)
- Spare bike tire or patches (Bike Leg)
- Running/Hiking Shoes (Orienteering Trek Leg)
Mandatory Team Gear
Between your team, you must have these items at all times, unless otherwise specified.
- First Aid Kit (example)
- Method for airing up flat bike tire (Bike Leg Only)
- Compass (2 per team recommended)
- Duct Tape
- Working Cell Phone for Emergencies
- Boat(s), PFDs & Paddles for entire team (Boating Leg) (rental options available)
- Passports (given at race)
- Maps (given at race)
- Pin/Sharpie Marker
- Beanie, Gloves, Long Sleeve Shirt, Spare Socks, Water Resistant/Proof Shell
- Backpack large enough to carry all items
- Plotter Tool/UTM Tool, 1:24k
- Waterproof container or bag for phone
- Map Case or plastic bags big enough for maps (maps will be water resistant, but it's always nice to not have to worry about it)
- State Park Map (the free one issued at the gate)
- Water Purification Tabs or other Method of Purification
- Bike lock for locking bike on car for after-party!
- Clean clothes to change into after race.
- Beards and a sense of adventure are encouraged
GPS (You can record your race on a device for fitness information afterward. However, you are prohibited to use GPS info or data during the race. This is considered cheating.)